Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Fat Tuesday - Here we go again.....

So I have been motivated yet again to try and lose weight. I really can't count the times I've done this in my life. It's not like I need to drop over 100lbs. just about 30lbs. Which is still a lot. I ADORE food. So it's really easy for me to jump the tracks of a good eating pattern. So far it's been a week and that's good for me. I do feel like this time maybe I can keep my mind set (even though I've thought that countless times before) there seams to be something at ease with it this time.

I've started using an on line calorie counter http://www.thedailyplate.com/ and I do like it. It's free, so you can't beat that huh?

I also went out this morning to check out a TOPS Club. I had used TOPS 4 years ago before I got married. I happened to purchase a Maggie Sottero wedding gown
that had been discontinued and had to have it, even though it was a size 10 and I was not. So I went in to Weight Watchers, purchased all the program info and quit to go to TOPS Meetings. They are only $24 for the whole year rather than the $40 per month at WW.

So anyhow.... back to this morning. I went to check out a meeting that I thought would allow me to bring Lily with me since I can't leave her home with the dog. About 10 minutes after I got there, they pulled me aside and told me that the Friday meeting would be a better fit. Nothing against TOPS or any of the sweet people that directed me through all this, but I did feel a bit of annoyance at getting up at 6.30 this morning to get ready before Miss Lily awoke. I hate that feeling of "I could have slept for at least another 45 minutes!"

I don't feel discouraged from this though. I do have a couple other moms that might come with me Friday and that would help a ton. I think these types of things are so much easier to go into with someone you know by your side.

I also feel like I can stay on track this time. My game plan is usually this, low cal and careful during the day so I have plenty of calories left for dinner time!

So... ta for this week and I'll let you know next Tuesday how things went!

No comments: